State-of-the-art Studio for renovated office
Project in brief
This impressive brick-clad RC structure was designed by Lee McCullough in the 1980s, and served as a busy office for several decades. Most recently, it was given a new lease of life as a Recording Studio.
The extensive fit-out included the insertion of specialised sound booths and state-of-the-art recording studios, as well as a major facelift with a graceful glazed foyer.
Modern access requirements required the modification of the feature entrance stairs and provision of less-abled access equipment. At roof level, a screened garden terrace was developed to provide stunning view of the nearby canal.
Architects: Michael Collins Associates
Value: € 2.7m (2009)
- Specialised Fit-out
- Radio, Film + TV Recording Studios
- Post-production offices
- Retro-fitted architectural features
|Download Project PDF|
- A three storey glazed entrance foyer was carefully added to complement the distinctive façade
- A feature bridge was inserted within the two storey atrium to enhance access and appearance
- The roof was modified to provide additional usable space
- The existing structure was discreetly re-framed to suit the new architectural layout
- Customised sound booths and recording studios were constructed within the existing structure, which was assessed to carry the additional weight
At LeeMcCullough we have exceptional experience of revitalising existing buildings, which is often more complex than the structural engineering of new buildings.
Over many projects we have addressed and resolved a wide range of issues, including:
- Strengthening existing floors and beams to carry increased loading
- Inserting exciting new architectural features
- Threading modern services into existing structures
At LeeMcCullough we always seek to identify and resolve issues early, innovatively address demanding building difficulties and deliver our solutions on time and cost efficiently.
When it comes to renovation and refurbishment, anticipating and resolving engineering issues effectively is the key to a successful outcome.