Award Winning Residential Development
Project in brief
This project consisted of the construction of 77 social housing apartments on a green field site at Santry Demense, Fingal.
The apartments are contained in three blocks which vary between three and four storeys in height. Due to the firm sub-soil conditions all blocks were constructed on concrete strip footings.
The main structure is block work walls, the floors and roof are precast concrete hollowcore with structural topping, sloped sections of the roof being formed with timber trusses.
Within the site there were two mature Beech trees, and around two boundaries of the site there were numerous other trees which had to be retained. Whilst foundations were kept back from tree roots, to eliminate damaging them, pavement had to cross over the roots.
In order to protect the roots we introduced a product called Cellweb under the pavement which provided both protection to the roots and support to the paths.
Architects: DTA Architects
Value: €14 (2009)
Lee McCullough Team: Frank Lee,
- Greenfield Site
- Construction of 77 units
|Download Project PDF|
At LeeMcCullough, we have considerable experience of a wide range of Residential projects over the past ten years.
Issues successfully and cost effectively addressed include:
- The phased demolition of existing structures
- Site investigation and management of waterflows, contamination and poor site conditions
- Retention and expansion of services throughout each phase
- Flexible foundation solutions to facilitate architectural design
- Structural and Civil design services that are value driven and cost-efficient in construction
- Innovative engineering solutions that facilitate project compliance, quality and cost
As part of your project team, LeeMcCullough recognize the need to work in a collaborative and supportive manner to ensure that all engineering aspects of a project are delivered to the required standards, cost-efficiently and on time.