Prestigious Corporate Headquarters
Project in brief
This large steel-framed structure occupies a prominent position at Warrington Place on the banks of the Grand Canal. The new building was developed as a model of premier office space for the 21st century and has attracted great interest in the property market.
The project included a double basement car park with extended headroom suitable for mechanically stacked parking, complete with twin space-saving car lifts; lower ground floor office space with natural light from an extensive feature terrace; seven storeys of office space with numerous feature balconies and terraces; all clad in stone work and glazed curtain walling.
The contract included the demolition of a 1970s office block and ESB sub-station, and required careful underpinning of adjacent structure.
The reinforced concrete components of the structure (basement box and superstructure floors) were constructed using 70% GGBS concrete which both enhanced its strength and waterproofing properties, and also provided significant CO2 savings for a superior environmental efficiency rating (BREEAM).
Headroom at all floor levels was efficiently maximised by using Slimflor beams in tandem with Comflor deck.
The bronze-clad roof was custom built in Germany and was suspended from longspan steel cantilevers out over the glazed feature drum to produce a visually striking structure that has fast become a local landmark.
One Warrington Place
Architects: Henry J Lyons
Value: €25m (2008)
- Double basement with twin car lifts
- Glazed feature cantilevered facade
- Environmentally friendly structure
|Download Project PDF|
Engineering New Buildings
For more than 30 years, we at LeeMcCullough have been providing structural and civil engineering services for new buildings in the commercial, education, leisure, retail, and residential sectors.
Key aspects of our services are:
- An open, collaborative, philosophy providing engineering design solutions that are appropriate for the specific project, will support architectural creativity and are cost-effective in delivery.
- A close working relationship with all parties involved; effective team participation; and knowledgeable and experienced integration with other service providers.
- A professional commitment to our client's projects; delivering a flexible and quality service, cost efficient and on time.
At LeeMcCullough we provide senior, experienced personnel supported by the required resources, to lead our involvement in your project, demonstration of our commitment to provide excellent client service with quality / innovative design solutions.