New office Block at Prestigious City Centre Location
Project in brief
New six storey office block on site of former 1960s office building.
The structure is an insitu concrete frame with insitu concrete flat slab floors. The building is naturally ventilated and the upper floor slab soffits are exposed to assist with the environmental control and ventilation of the building.
The building is underlain by a basement which is designed for car parking and plant room use. Car access to the basement is by means of a pair of car lifts thus maximising the useful space of the basement by eliminating the requirement for access ramps. The basement has been constructed with extra floor to ceiling height to accommodate the future installation of car stackers.
External wall finishes consist of a double skin glazed climate wall along one elevation which forms part of the natural ventilation and environmental control systems. Other elevations are finished with a combination stone cladding, glazed curtain walling and insulated renders.
Secant piled wall provided to support excavations during basement construction.
High quality concrete finishes required due to exposed slab soffits.
10-11 South Leinster Street
Architects: Shay Cleary Architects
- Demolition of existing 1960s office Building
- Construction of new multi storey office building over basement
|Download Project PDF|
Engineering New Buildings
For more than 30 years, we at LeeMcCullough have been providing structural and civil engineering services for new buildings in the commercial, education, leisure, retail, and residential sectors.
Key aspects of our services are:
- An open, collaborative, philosophy providing engineering design solutions that are appropriate for the specific project, will support architectural creativity and are cost-effective in delivery.
- A close working relationship with all parties involved; effective team participation; and knowledgeable and experienced integration with other service providers.
- A professional commitment to our client's projects; delivering a flexible and quality service, cost efficient and on time.
At LeeMcCullough we provide senior, experienced personnel supported by the required resources, to lead our involvement in your project, demonstration of our commitment to provide excellent client service with quality / innovative design solutions.